Please Observe the Following Policies during your stay with us, and we'll do our best to make it a wonderful experience!
We want your stay at Moon River to be a memorable experience. Whether for business or pleasure, our goal is to deliver excellent service and to go beyond your expectations. Please take a few minutes to review these policies and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Rates are based on Double Occupancy: For additional Guests, beyond 2, add $25/person/night.
- Children may be accommodated with advance notice. A $20/child fee applies.
- Pets are acceptable under 50 pounds, with advance notice and agreement to our Pet Policy (please contact us to request a copy and further discuss these arrangements). A $25/pet/night fee applies. If your pet causes damage and becomes an irritant to other guests, you may be asked to leave, involving no refund. Please keep other guests in mind when making your decision to travel with your pet.
- Smoking: No smoking except outdoors in designated areas. (A $250 cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card for anyone smoking inside. No exceptions!)
- Candles, Incense & Fireworks: Due to the historic nature of our buildings, and for the safety and comfort of all our guests, we do not allow candle, incense, and fireworks burning in any of our guest rooms or grounds of the Moon River Bed and Breakfast.
- Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, Debit Cards, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Checks (subject to a $30 return check fee).
- Deposit Required: 50% of the rental (minimum 1-night charge) is due by cash, check, or credit/debit card when your reservation is made. The balance is due at the end of your stay or rental agreement. You are responsible for the entire amount of your rental agreement.
- Rates & Taxes: Subject to a 6% State Sales Tax, 1% Transient State Room Tax, and 4% City Tax.
- Early Departures: Should you need to depart prior to your reservation end-date you will be expected to fulfill your reservation commitment.
- Check-In/Check-Out Time: Check-In is between 4:00 pm-9:00 pm EDT and Check-Out is by noon. Please no early arrivals, unless advance arrangements have been agreed upon. Late Arrivals after 10:00 pm require advance notification and Late Self Check-in Arrangements to be provided. Please, no calls or unexpected arrivals after 11:00 pm, out of respect and courtesy of guests.
- Cancellation Policy: Should you cancel outside of 7 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded, less a $25 rebooking fee/room/night. Should you cancel 7 days or less of your scheduled arrival date (30 days for groups involving more than 2 guest rooms OR Festival Timeframes such as Local Festivals or event.), your entire deposit will be forfeited unless we can re-book your room so it does not result in a loss of business. Upon our ability to re-book your room/s, your deposit will then be refunded less the $25 re-booking/room/night. Cancellations within 7 days require the full reservation value to be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. ANY and ALL rescheduled reservations will require the full financial responsibility of the Guest (100% obligation for payment, regardless of the advance notice for cancellation or further rescheduling of dates.
- Worry Free Booking Plan AVAILABLE – request additional information when making a reservation: If you need to cancel up to 14 days prior to the day of your arrival, 30 days after no show, you get a FULL REFUND of your DEPOSIT, subject to conditions. The cost of the plan is only 10% of the pre-tax amount of your reservation. Prepayment of the full value of your reservation is required in advance for this plan using a Credit or Debit Card.
- NO SHOW Guests: We take our job of providing our guests with beautiful, comfortable accommodations seriously. When you fail to arrive as scheduled it prevents us from providing a room to another guest, and we will be forced to charge your account accordingly. We hate to do this, so please let us know if you wish to change or cancel your reservation.
- Damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the Guest. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the Guest will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. Charges may need to be applied after the departure of the Guest as deemed necessary by the Owner/Innkeeper.
- Room Keys: Failure to return guest room key/s will result in a $50 replacement fee.
- Forgotten Items: We will gladly return items left behind, if requested, however, please be aware that the customer of record will pay all shipping and handling costs.
- Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. The property is privately owned and operated. Should there be any disorderly conduct, disrespect to owners and other guests, intentional damage, or non-compliance with our Inn’s policies, you may be asked to leave at any time.
- Waiver of Liability: Owners will not be held liable for accidents or injury to Guests or for loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Waiver, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity, and Release Agreement and Acknowledgement: By accepting, you acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, exists in any public place where people are present and is an extremely contagious disease. By visiting our property, you and any guests agree to voluntarily assume all risks associated with the exposure to COVID-19. Those risks include personal injury, illness permanent disability, and/or death. You understand that it is your responsibility to know and understand your own underlying health conditions and risk factors and take appropriate measures to protect yourself from exposure to COVID-19. You agree to abide by the preventative measures put into place by Moon River Bed and Breakfast, and governmental agencies, to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and further understand that Moon River Bed and Breakfast cannot guarantee that you will not become infected by your visit. Moon River Bed and Breakfast reserves the right to remove you from our premises and/or vehicles if you, or your guests, fail to follow our rules, regulations, and guidelines, without refund of any monies paid by you to stay at this facility.
I, as the customer, agree to be respectful to the property, its owners and employees, as well as other guests AND pay for any and all charges related to my stay at Moon River Bed and Breakfast. By submitting a deposit or providing a credit card number to hold your reservation you are agreeing with our policies and payment requirements.